Monday 30 April 2012

Great news - I made my first trade sale :) A small order to a craft workshop/gift shop of 10 soy candles (various scents) - I am over the moon and hope it will be the first of many :)

I've also got a lovely local gift shop helping me with market research on scent throw, packaging, burn quality etc which I'm delighted about.

I've also been at another craft fair since I last posted - the Bird & Bell craft fair in Giffnock, Glasgow.
Unfortunately, it was very disappointing :( It was the first fair and maybe it just needs a while to become established. Also, I'm not convinced it had been well advertised. However, I did make my table hire cost back and a bit extra so nothing ventured, nothing gained. And on the plus side I got some fab tips from the other crafters on fairs, contacts etc. So, one to put done to experience and looking forward to my next fair - whatever that may be :)

2 comments:

  1. Don't be too disheartend by the lack of customers at the craft fair, I have come to realise that you just never know how they are going to turnout, all part of the fun (sort of lol)

    Claire from Just Melts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Claire, it was lovely to meet you and I'm sure we'll meet up again :)

      Delete